We encourage you to attend at least one meeting before joining. This will give you the opportunity to meet our members, to see for yourself how Toastmasters works, and understand what is expected of you.
NB: You can attend a maximum of three meetings as a guest without charge. That’s plenty of time to check us out, talk to our members and see how we operate.
As a member of Toastmasters International and my club, I promise
- To attend club meetings regularly
- To prepare all of my projects to the best of my ability, basing them on the Toastmasters education program
- To prepare for and fulfil meeting assignments
- To provide fellow members with helpful, constructive evaluations
- To help the club maintain the positive, friendly environment necessary for all members to learn and grow
- To serve my club as an officer when called upon to do so
- To treat my fellow club members and our guests with respect and courtesy
- To bring guests to club meetings so they can see the benefits Toastmasters membership offers
- To adhere to the guidelines and rules for all Toastmasters education and recognition programs
- To act within Toastmasters’ core values of integrity, respect, service and excellence during the conduct of all Toastmasters activities.
Payment of joining fee and membership dues
One-off Joining Fee
if this is the first Toastmasters club you have joined, there is a one-off joining fee of £25 which covers the cost of your joining pack and includes your first Educational Pathway from Toastmasters International.
Club fees are set by the Club Committee and are currently £60.00 for six months, renewable in September and March. Fees for new members joining in between these months are pro-rated as follows:
|Joining Month||Pro-Rated Fee|
|April or October||£60 + £25 one-off joining fee|
|May or November||£50 + £25 one-off joining fee|
|June or December||£40 + £25 one-off joining fee|
|July or January||£30 + £25 one-off joining fee|
|August or February||£20 + £25 one-off joining fee|
|March or September||£10 + £25 one-off joining fe|
How do I pay?
Our preferred payment option is a six-monthly standing order via GoCardless. Our VP membership will send you a link to set this up online upon request
Electronic Bank Transfer can be made to our club with the following information:
Lloyds Bank: Sort Code 30-93-97 Acct No: 02109471 Acct Name: Solent Speakers Club. Reference: Your name
NB: Please notify the Treasurer by email when you make a payment firstname.lastname@example.org.